Monday, August 21, 2017

QBittorrent

Site: www.qbittorrent.org/
Purpose. P2P, torrent downloader
Country: distributed  (author Christophe Dumez) 
Price: Freeware
Opensource: Yes




This is my torrent downloader application. I've been using P2P since the internet started. Mind you, I only download legal stuff, of course...but still, P2P evolved over the years, and torrents are the next best thing to heaven. My previous app was utorrent, (u of micro), but unfortunately, it evolved to a kind of miningware, when it started deploying a miner in the background. Furthermore, it crashed, started to access sites as adds that were "phishing", and finally it bugged for me, talking about incompatiblities between versions and torrents.

In the end, I went hunting for an open source app and I found Qbittorrent. It works the same as utorrent, but as freeware, and a clean app.

It never fails me, and seems like it's much faster when processing downloading files after a crash or so.

Want to go the torrent way ? There's Qbittorrent for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always On Top

Site:  https://www.labnol.org/software/tutorials/keep-window-always-on-top/5213/ Purpose: Set any window to be always on top...or not Co...