Friday, August 18, 2017

Bitdefender (Antivirus Free Edition)

Site: Bitdefender
Country: Romania
Purpose: Antivirus
Price: Freeware


This is my anti-virus application. It works flawlessly. I never got corrupted since it has been running. 
It doesn't nag you with questions. It blocks virus, trojans, webthreats, namely phishing attempts from sites or applications like utrorrent that trigger site access. It scans my system. 



Most important, it's light, as light as you can get. I've used dozens of AV in the past, anti-malware, all kind of stuff. This one, it only bothers you when you're about to get attacked. And you (at least, I) don't feel like file access is anyway slowed by BitDefender. 

Actually, it has so little configuration it scares me. Besides an ON/OFF button, it lists events, quarantine items, exclusions and that's about it.

Oh, I nearly forgot, years ago, it would, every now and then, suggest I paid for it. There's a "display notifications with special offers" button for you to uncheck. But tbh, since I freshly installed my system mid 2017, it hasn't popped up once.

What else can you ask for free ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always On Top

Site:  https://www.labnol.org/software/tutorials/keep-window-always-on-top/5213/ Purpose: Set any window to be always on top...or not Co...